Five Questions With Purple Elvis #PurpleRanger | @PurpleElvis @1MrBrandon



I had the pleasure of meeting Purple Elvis after he performed at the Heartland Radio Ready Showcase.

Be sure to check out his new song called Purple Elvis.


https://linktr.ee/purpleelvis





1. How long have you been making music?

I’ve been making music since I was 14.. I was recording music on an Xbox Mic and used a program called music creator. Me and my boy were making diss tracks for our rival high school soccer team. It was getting mad intense! Our rivalry grew even bigger after that and songs were getting a lot of plays on MySpace.

2. Would you prefer to be signed to a major label or be independent?

I would prefer to be independent for control purposes. I like to be in control of what I’m putting out. I’ve always been a business minded individual so if a deal comes around that allows that type of control and reads right on paper financially, I wouldn’t mind being under a label. For me it’s about control of finances and music.

3. With rappers like Cardi B blowing up off of reality tv would you ever do a reality show?

I’m down to do a reality show. Its a great way for people to get to know you personally, behind the image and mask that is expected of you at all times. You get a sense of who the person is under the veil. The reality show helped her because people related to her on a personal level. I like Cardi B,  shout to my latinos out there.



4. What do you think about the rise of streaming music sites like Tidal and Apple Music? How do sites streaming sites like these affect how you sell your music?

The rise of streaming sites helps independent artists like me in my opinion. It gives a chance for any producer and/or artist to put numbers up without being affiliated with big corporations and financial entities. You just gotta have a buzz going around. It affects how you make the Money because you don’t have to sell records anymore to be financially stable. People just gotta press play and you’re getting paid. I think that’s why there’s many “bad” artist getting mad plays.

Because of the fame they have, they’re able to rack plays without the music being that good.

5 When an artist is looking to brand themselves what do you think is the most important thing to pay attention to?

For branding, you have pay attention to what you represent. We, as artist, are literally symbols for things. For example drugs, love, fatherhood, the street etc. To put it into one word. icon. Choose something you want to be represented for and stick to it

No comments: